Miami makes it easy to live without a car. With the largest mass transit system in the state of Florida, Miami’s Metrorail, Downtown Metromover, Paratransit and Metrobus systems come together to make Miami a city impressively navigable by public transportation.
Seersucker or pastel cotton shorts with a plain white T and clean, classic sneakers is a formula fit for men and women of diverse ages and personal styles. Be sure to add a wide-brimmed hat. For a night on the town: The dress code at sit-down restaurants in Miami tends to be fancy but not formal.Aug 11, 2017
Miami Beach is generally a safe city for visitors. However, as with most major tourist destinations, pickpocketing is the biggest concern, particularly during the chaotic nighttime and along busy Washington Street. Walk in groups at night and avoid any unfamiliar territory.
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Miami
- Don't assume that Miamians party all the time.
- Don't be on time.
- Don't skimp on sunscreen.
- Don't go to the Everglades in the summer.
- Don't drive.
- Don't surf during a hurricane.
- Don't wander Wynwood's borders at night.
- Don't say to a local that Miami Beach is Miami.
The nicknames for Miami are:
- “Capital of Latin America” because it is the largest city with a Cuban-American plurality.
- “Magic City” due to its rapid growth.
- “The Gateway to the Americas”.
- “The Enchanted Tax Shelter”.
- “The City of Pleasant Living” for South Miami.
- “Little Cuba”.
Miami is overall a safe city, especially for tourists. It has some dangerous areas that should be avoided, but they are far from the usual tourist landmarks. You are advised to remain vigilant around tourist landmarks, since pickpockets are an issue there, and keep an eye out for suspicious activities wherever you go.
Violent crime in Miami is one of the HIGHEST in the US. So there are many neighborhoods, even today, that you shouldn't be walking around. Especially not at night. Overtown and Liberty City both have the highest violent crime rate in Miami and should be avoided at all times.May 13, 2021