290.3 km² Abilene/Area
The 5 largest ethnic groups in Abilene, TX are White (Non-Hispanic) (58.3%), White (Hispanic) (13.9%), Other (Hispanic) (10.7%), Black or African American (Non-Hispanic) (10.3%), and Asian (Non-Hispanic) (2.18%). In 2019, the median property value in Abilene, TX was $120,400, and the homeownership rate was 54%.
10 of the Most Beautiful Cities in Texas
- Fredericksburg. tpwd.texas.gov.
- Jefferson. The Lone Star Carriage Company Of Jefferson Texas.
- Wimberley. nan palmero via Flickr.
- Canyon. tpwd.texas.gov.
- Port Isabel. Credit: tpwd.texas.gov.
- Rockport. rockport-fulton.org.
- Salado. Salado Chamber of Commerce.
- Marble Falls.
- Jacob's Dream Sculpture. Monuments & Statues.
- Fort Phantom Hill. 120.
- Adamson-Spalding Storybook Garden. Gardens.
- The Texas State Veterans Cemetery at Abilene. Cemeteries.
- National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature. Speciality Museums.
- Red Bud Park. Parks Playgrounds.
- Pappy Slokum's Brewery.
- Winery at willow creek.
Dyess Air Force Base (AFB) (IATA: DYS, ICAO: KDYS, FAA LID: DYS) is a United States Air Force base located approximately 7 miles (11 km) southwest of Abilene, Texas. The host unit at Dyess is the 7th Bomb Wing (7 BW) assigned to the Global Strike Command Eighth Air Force.