There are 84.36 miles from Salem to Seaside in northwest direction and 118 miles (189.90 kilometers) by car, following the US-26 route. Salem and Seaside are 2 hours 29 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop .
10 Free Things to Do in Salem, Massachusetts
- 3 - Wander around the Willows.
- 4 - Step Through Cemeteries.
- 5 - Indulge Your Sweet Tooth with Harbor Sweets.
- 6 - Play and Picnic in Salem Common.
- 7 - Relax at the Ropes Mansion.
- 8 - Stroll along Chestnut Street.
- 9 - Tour Punto Urban Art Museum.
- 10 - Explore your National Park.
Best fun things to do at night near Salem, MA
- Salem Witch Village. 0.5 mi.
- Count Orlok's Nightmare Gallery. 0.4 mi.
- Gallows Hill Museum/Theatre. 0.4 mi.
- The House of the Seven Gables. 0.9 mi.
- The Salem Haunted Magic Show. 0.5 mi.
- Escape Room Salem. 0.5 mi.
- The Salem Witch Dungeon Museum.
- OMEN: Psychic Parlor & Witchcraft Emporium.
Salem Actual location: The Ropes Mansion, 318 Essex St. A scene from “Hocus Pocus.” The Ropes Mansion in Salem. In the film, Max and Dani are wowed by the opulence of Allison's house and the party inside that feels like it takes place in a different century.Oct 19, 2018
October is a particularly good time to visit Salem. In addition to the town's normal host of bewitching attractions, you'll find a full calendar of haunted happenings that range from a seance to a costume ball to ghostly guided walking tours. And there's nothing quite like being in Salem on Halloween.Aug 11, 2019
While the characters in The Crucible are based off of real people involved in the Salem Witch trials, Arthur Miller changed some things about the characters in order for them to fit into the play better or to seem more convincing. These characters include Abigail Williams, Tituba and Mary Warren.
In Hebrew the meaning of the name Salem is: Peace and is a Biblical name of ancient city later identified with Jerusalem. The name Salem is a Hebrew Baby Names baby name. In Hebrew Baby Names the meaning of the name Salem is: Peace. Biblical name of ancient city later identified with Jerusalem.Feb 1, 2020
In 1692, life in the Puritan village of Salem, Massachusetts was all but exciting. Lives were stressful and fun was considered irreligious. Puritans attended church every Sunday morning for three hours, and they listened to sermons given by the town reverend that warned against evil.
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Salem is 1 in 50. Based on FBI crime data, Salem is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Massachusetts, Salem has a crime rate that is higher than 93% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.
The city's population was 41,340 at the 2010 census. Much of the city's cultural identity reflects its role as the location of the infamous Salem witch trials of 1692, as featured in Arthur Miller's The Crucible.