Tallahassee is located just 22 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, which is home to some of the world’s top beaches. With more than 1,600 miles of coastline and beautiful, sugar-white sand, there are plenty of options for residents looking for beaches near Tallahassee.
From a vibrant arts and culture scene to great sports rivalries, Tallahassee offers residents plenty to cheer about. This capital city boasts an abundance of outdoor recreation for all ages, a diverse foodie scene and a ton of family-friendly festivals and activities.Jan 10, 2016
Since Tallahassee is landlocked it takes about an hour and a half to reach the coast and St. George Island is one of the best beaches to visit for both a day trip to weekend get-a-way. Here you will find over 28 miles of coastline along this barrier island that is situated on the Gulf of Mexico.Oct 17, 2020
8, 2019) – Tallahassee, FL, has been selected as a top retirement destination by Where to Retire, the only magazine in America geared toward helping people with retirement relocation decisions. The city is profiled in the November/December 2019 issue, available nationwide now.Oct 8, 2019
Tallahassee is in Leon County and is one of the best places to live in Florida. Living in Tallahassee offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents rent their homes. Many young professionals live in Tallahassee and residents tend to lean liberal. The public schools in Tallahassee are above average.Jul 1, 2020
The 50 Best Things to Eat in Tallahassee Before You Die
- The Gator Hater from Wells Brothers Bar and Grill (aka Monk's)
- The Jefferson from Voodoo Dog.
- Red Velvet Pancakes from Prime Time.
- Garlic Knots from Gaines Street Pies.
- The Queso from Tacospeak.
- Crispy Mac 'N Cheese from Spear It Legendary.
- Any Pizza from Momo's.
Keep reading to learn more about what we have to offer.
- It's a college town through and through.
- Everything is relatively close.
- It's close enough to larger cities for a quick vacation.
- Expect traffic in the fall.
- And expect traffic in the spring.
- Enjoy a lower cost of living.
- Public service is intertwined in the city.
With a crime rate of 50 per one thousand residents, Tallahassee has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 20.