8,000 Jews Approximately 8,000 Jews live in the Lehigh Valley.
There are 236.90 miles from Pittsburgh to Allentown in east direction and 282 miles (453.84 kilometers) by car, following the I-76 E and PATP route. Pittsburgh and Allentown are 4 hours 28 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop . This is the fastest route from Pittsburgh, PA to Allentown, PA.
The 20 Worst Places to Live in Pennsylvania
- Midland, PA. According to Road Snacks report on small towns, Midland is a city with a small population of just 3,003 residents.
- Westfield, PA.
- Philadelphia, PA.
- Pottstown, PA.
- Darby, PA.
- Uniontown, PA.
- Chester, PA.
- Johnstown, PA.
- Breinigsville. Suburb of Allentown, PA.
- Cetronia. Suburb of Allentown, PA.
- Trexlertown. Suburb of Allentown, PA.
- Dorneyville. Suburb of Allentown, PA.
- Upper Saucon Township. Suburb of Allentown, PA.
- Ancient Oaks. Suburb of Allentown, PA.
- Lower Nazareth Township. Suburb of Allentown, PA.
- Forks Township. Suburb of Allentown, PA.
Here are the top 10 safest towns in Pennsylvania, according to SafeWise:
- Buckingham Township (Bucks County)
- Millcreek Township (Lebanon County)
- East Brandywine Township (Chester County)
- Lower Salford Township (Montgomery County)
- Spring Township (Centre County)
- West Cocalico Township (Lancaster County)
The 1980s in Allentown were a Rust Belt time, when traditional industries were shrinking, department stores were leaving and Hamilton Street (Allentown's Main Street) had canopies of steel and glass in an attempt to compete with the more popular suburban malls.Jun 7, 2017
Allentown has been long plagued with crime and economic issues. Violent crime is 262% higher than the national average. Compared to the rest of Pittsburgh, crime in Allentown is 137% higher. In the neighborhood, based on crime statistics, there's a 1 in 14 chance of becoming a victim.
Allentown cost of living is 88.8
|COST OF LIVING||Allentown||Pennsylvania|
|Median Home Cost||$133,100||$173,700|
The 11 poorest places in the Lehigh Valley
- Allentown - 18102. Community: Northeast Allentown, excluding Downtown Allentown and the 1st Ward.
- Allentown - 18101. Community: Downtown Allentown bounded by Martin Luther King Jr.
- Easton - 18042.
- Allentown - 18109.
- Bethlehem - 18015.
- Pen Argyl - 18072.
- Bath - 18014.
- Allentown - 18103.