According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Baton Rouge was: Black or African American: 54.66% White: 38.68% Asian: 3.49%
|White alone, percent|| 62.8%|
|Black or African American alone, percent(a)|| 32.8%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent(a)|| 0.8%|
|Asian alone, percent(a)|| 1.8%|
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $124,399 and as low as $18,751, the majority of salaries within the Average jobs category currently range between $45,277 (25th percentile) to $67,687 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $82,322 annually in Louisiana.
- South Baton Rouge. Neighborhood in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Highlands/Perkins. Neighborhood in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Baker/Zachary. Neighborhood in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Airline/Jefferson. Neighborhood in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Garden District. Neighborhood in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Broadmoor/Sherwood Forest.
Poor due to three main reasons: A lack of diversification due to very poor leadership from the mid-1960s onward. This poor leadership is exacerbated by a dependence on continued high prices of oil and any dips in the oil market bust economic planning. An inability to both 1.
In Baton Rouge, there are over 16.5 fatalities per 100,000 residents and in New Orleans, it is 12.5 fatalities per 100,000. (Metro Baton Rouge has about 830,000 residents, which equates to about 115 fatal crashes; Metro New Orleans has about 1.3 million residents equating to about 160 fatal crashes).
Louisiana is a southeastern state that's a true “melting pot” of cultures: French, African, French-Canadian, and modern American. It's famous for its unique Creole and Cajun culture, food, jazz music, and Mardi Gras festival. You can also find fishing, state parks, and wartime exhibits.
Who are the 5 Most Famous People Born in Louisiana?
- Araya Diaz/Getty Images for Vanity Fair. Aaron Carpenter.
- Michael Tullberg/Getty Images for Coachella. Lil Wayne.
- Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for The People's Choice Awards. Ellen Degeneres.
- Joseph Okpako/WireImage/Getty Images.
- Anna Webber/Getty Images for DigiTour Media.
The Benefits of Living in Baton Rouge
- We're working. The low unemployment rate in Baton Rouge has been shrinking month after month.
- Living is really affordable. You can live quite nicely in Baton Rouge without the big budget that many metro areas command.
- Tigers run wild here.
- Fun is a family affair.
Race See More Race Data
|Population by Race||East Baton Rouge||Louisiana|
|American Indian/Alaskan Native||1,090||0.72%|