The city’s high ranking came in the recently released Top 100 Most Dangerous U.S. Cities and Top 100 Safest U.S. Cities lists for 2017. By contrast, Hockessin and the Alapocas area near Friends school outside the city were safer than 72 percent of U.S. neighborhoods. Wilmington actually ranked 11th in homicides.Jan 11, 2017
The 20 Worst Places to Live in Delaware
- Newark. Newark is a city in New Castle County in Delaware that has a population of more than 33,000 people.
- Elsmere. Elsmere is a suburb of Philadelphia in the Delaware Valley that has a population of 6,049.
- New Castle.
The US average is 28 inches of snow per year. Climate Averages.
|Wilmington, North Carolina||United States|
|Rainfall||57.9 in.||38.1 in.|
|Snowfall||0.9 in.||27.8 in.|
|Precipitation||119.2 days||106.2 days|
|Sunny||216 days||205 days|
I'll say this: the people we have encountered have been very friendly and super nice. There is a laid back feel in the downtown area and everyone I spoke to who moved to wilmington from another state said they loved living there and most mentioned the friendliness of those that live there as a major asset to the area.Jun 27, 2014
There are 35.85 miles from Wilmington to Ocean Isle Beach in southwest direction and 43 miles (69.20 kilometers) by car, following the US-17 S route. Wilmington and Ocean Isle Beach are 57 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop . This is the fastest route from Wilmington, NC to Ocean Isle Beach, NC.
Hurricane seasons are getting worse: Here's what to expect in Wilmington this year. The Atlantic hurricane season and the Wilmington-area population are both growing into what could be a perfect storm. The previous average season saw 12 named storms, with six resulting in hurricanes, including three major hurricanes.May 27, 2021
Top Reasons to Live in Wilmington, NC
- DOG & BEER LOVER PARADISE:
- PRISTINE COASTAL BEACHES:
- SEASIDE LIVING THAT'S AFFORDABLE.
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE.
- WARMER CLIMATE YEAR-ROUND.
- ELEGANT DINING ON THE WATER: (On the rivers, Intercoastal Waterway and Atlantic Ocean)
- TOURIST ATTRACTIONS.
- DREAM HOMES AT AN AFFORABLE PRICE – FOR NOW!
Anesthesiologists Detailed List Of Highest Paying Jobs In North Carolina
|Rank||Job Title||Average Salary|
|2||General Internal Medicine Physicians||$273,320|
|3||Obstetricians And Gynecologists||$247,180|
|4||Family Medicine Physicians||$223,190|
Wilmington cost of living is 97.5
|COST OF LIVING||Wilmington||North Carolina|
|Median Home Cost||$230,500||$187,300|
They are also in Greenfield Lake in Wilmington, frightening to unwary kayakers. They have been spotted in neighborhood retention ponds, on area beaches, and walking the streets of Wilmington. Several dozen have been counted at Orton Pond in Brunswick County.May 27, 2020
Most Violent Areas of Town by Census Tract (in last six months)
- 142 - Barclay Hills Drive.
- 101 - Grace Street, Nun Street, Ann Street, Downtown area.
- 147 - Randall Parkway.
- 115 - Castle, Wooster, Lullwater, Dawson Streets.
- 107 - Downtown, Sampson Alley.
- 128 - South 3rd Street to South 10th Street.