The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Fort Wayne is 1 in 32. Based on FBI crime data, Fort Wayne is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Indiana, Fort Wayne has a crime rate that is higher than 90% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
|Controlled by||United States|
|In use||1942–46, 1950–54, 1969–present|
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WOWO): Fort Wayne has been named the fifth-safest large city in Indiana. The ranking comes from AdvisorSmith's “Safest Cities in Indiana” report. Fort Wayne had a total crime score of 62.5, below the average of 76.4 in other large cities in the state with over 100,000 residents.Mar 14, 2021
Fort Wayne Facts
|Date Founded||October 22, 1794|
|State Sales and Use Tax||7.0%|
|Allen County Food & Beverage Tax||1.0%|
|Property Tax Rate:||Assessed at 100% of market value. Click RATES for 2014 Allen County townships, payable in 2015.|
|Annual Wheel Tax||Rate by vehicle class $7.50 to $40.00|
That low cost of living with higher quality of life is another reason on why Fort Wayne is a great place to start a career. The job opportunities, recreational amenities and low cost of living are some of the reasons why Fort Wayne is a great place to start your career after college.Oct 23, 2017
What Are The Most Dangerous Cities In Indiana?
- Evansville. Violent Crime: 4,463.
- Elkhart. Violent Crime: 1,185.
- Gary. Violent Crime: 494.
- Shelbyville. Violent Crime: 1,127.
- Marion. Violent Crime: 455. Property Crime: 3,692.
- Anderson. Violent Crime: 413. Property Crime: 4,260.
- Lafayette. Violent Crime: 3,598. Property Crime: 464.
There's a very low cost of living in Fort Wayne, Indiana. According to Salary.com, Fort Wayne's cost of living is negative 8 percent lower than the national average, and the city has scored an 8.6 out of 10 on the US News Value Index. It's also ranked second on the list of cheapest places to live, according to US News.Oct 6, 2020
Fort Wayne is in the 41st percentile for safety, meaning 59% of cities are safer and 41% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Fort Wayne is 30.44 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Fort Wayne generally consider the northeast part of the city to be the safest.
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Fort Wayne, IN
- Larez. Population 1,529. 60 %
- East Side. Population 1,103. 60 %
- Mount Vernon Park. Population 790. 60 %
- Williams Park. Population 772. 60 %
- Poplar. Population 564. 60 %
- Suburan Heights. Population 252. 60 %
- Pettit-Rudisill. Population 5,147. 60 %
- East Central. Population 2,566. 57 %
Fort Wayne Air National Guard Base is a United States Air Force base, located at Fort Wayne International Airport, Indiana. It is located 7.6 miles (12.2 km) south-southwest of Fort Wayne, Indiana.
|Fort Wayne Air National Guard Base|
|Elevation||248.4 metres (815 ft) AMSL|