Round Rock is in Williamson County and is one of the best places to live in Texas. Living in Round Rock offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Round Rock there are a lot of parks. The public schools in Round Rock are highly rated.
Jacob M. Harrell Round Rock is on Interstate Highway 35 in south central Williamson County, sixteen miles north of downtown Austin. It was established on the north bank of Brushy Creek where Jacob M. Harrell, formerly a blacksmith in Austin, set up his shop during the spring of 1848. The settlement was first called Brushy Creek.
In fact, the Austin-Round Rock metropolitan area currently has one of the lowest levels of housing market inventory of any major city in the country. According to a recent report, this metro area had a 1.2-month supply of homes for sale as of June 2021. That was one of the lowest levels of any major metro in the U.S.Jul 20, 2021
2021 Best School Districts in the Austin Area
- Eanes Independent School District.
- Leander Independent School District.
- Dripping Springs Independent School District.
- NYOS Charter School.
- Lake Travis Independent School District.
- Round Rock Independent School District.
- Wimberley Independent School District.
July 30, 2007 On, July 30, 2007, the Scott & White Hospital - Round Rock opened its doors to patients in Williamson County. The 101-bed community hospital has served residents in five counties, including Williamson, Travis, Hays, Bastrop, and Caldwell.Jul 30, 2017
Top 10 Things to Do in Round Rock
- Check out THE Round Rock at Brushy Creek Crossing.
- Adventure through Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World.
- Shop 'til you drop at the Round Rock Premium Outlets and IKEA.
- Hit a home run at Home Run Dugout.
- Tee up for a golf game.
- Indulge in traditions at Round Rock Donuts.
Austin cost of living is 119.3
|COST OF LIVING||Austin||Texas|
|Median Home Cost||$369,000||$195,000|
According to C2ER (the Council for Community and Economic Research), the cost of living in Round Rock is estimated to be 92.8% of the national average making it an average US city.
|Housing (Rent / Mortgage)||$13,086|
The metropolitan area is centered on the City of Austin—the fourth-largest city in Texas and the 11th-largest city in the United States with a population of 978,908 people. Austin's largest suburbs are Round Rock, Cedar Park, Georgetown, San Marcos and Pflugerville.