Cost of living in Toronto is 13% more expensive than Vancouver according to the average local monthly cost.
Vancouver is a great place to live in, but it is also one of Canada's most expensive cities. There is plenty of employment, but it can still be hard to find a job. There are so many amazing things to do here in Vancouver, but unfortunately, they all come with a cost.
Vancouver is among the world's most beautiful cities. It's also often considered one of the most livable, thanks to its well-balanced mix of modern urban features and magnificent natural surroundings. The city acts as a gateway to Canada's great outdoors, be it along the Pacific Coast or up in the Pacific Ranges.
3 days ago And Now the Bad News
- It's Unbelievably Expensive. It's tempting to blame foreign real estate speculators for the high cost of housing in Vancouver.
- Worst Traffic in North America.
- Higher Crime Rate.
- If You're Not Outdoorsy, You May Find it Boring.
- The Big One is Coming.
English Knowledge of official languages, Vancouver, 2011 and 2016
|English and French||172,140||7.2|
- If you live in the city try giving up your car.
- Don't eat out at those wonderful restaurants you can see everyone else eating out at.
- Buy a bus pass.
- Cheap entertainment involving exercise, cycling, walking, swimming in the summer.
- Make use of your local library and community centre.
- Try to stay in work.
Downtown Eastside The Downtown Eastside (DTES) is a neighbourhood in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. One of the city's oldest neighbourhoods, the DTES is the site of a complex set of social issues including disproportionately high levels of drug use, homelessness, poverty, crime, mental illness and sex work.
Vancouver has been my home for 40 years and I consider it one of the most boring cities in the world. Yes the scenery is spectacular, sure our winters are mild, but the city has no soul. Every street festival is the same, every mural a homogenized paint by numbers snoozer and every street corner the same.