With a crime rate of 39 per one thousand residents, West Valley City has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 25.
Here Are The 11 Biggest Risks Living In The State of Utah
- Getting Lost In The Wilderness. Chris Dunfy/flickr.
- Earthquake. Richard Walker/flickr.
- Rattlesnake Bite. Bryant Olsen/flickr.
- Shopping At A Big Box Store On A Saturday. Sachiko Miyamoto/flickr.
- Hitting A Deer.
- Rush Hour Traffic.
- Flash Flood.
- Breathing During Winter Months.
The Best Places to Live in Utah for Non-Mormons
- Draper. Population: 47,043. Median Home Value: $408,800.
- Orem. Population: 94,420. Median Home Value: $229,900.
- St. George. Population: 79,995.
- Ogden. Population: 85,497.
- Provo. Population: 116,199.
- Park City. Population: 8,167.
- American Fork. Population: 28,507.
- Lehi. Population: 58,351.
The distance from Phoenix center to the nearest city Tempe is 11.4 miles or 18.3 kilometers away. The nearest town Laveen Village is 11.4 miles or 18.3 kilometers away. 2 major cities are near Phoenix; Chandler being the closest is 22.3 miles or 35.9 kilometers away.
The 20 Worst Places to Live in Utah
- Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Rose Park, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Arcadia Heights, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- People's Freeway, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Poplar Grove, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Westpointe, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Glendale, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Park City, Utah.
The Salt Lake City violent crime rate is 730 violent crimes per 100k people. You have a 1 in 137 chance of being the victim of violent crime in SLC. The Salt Lake City murder rate is 4.9 per 100k people. The department released a new crime control plan in January 2021 with a goal of reducing crime by 10%.Jan 10, 2021
Not only is Utah one of the top states in the U.S. to find a job, but Salt Lake City itself is one of the best cities for jobs as well! The city has a 3.9% unemployment rate and a median household income of $50,353, and it's seeing steady job growth in government, retail, technology, and healthcare industries.Jun 29, 2018
West Jordan Annual Crimes
|Number of Crimes||264||2,819|
|Crime Rate (per 1,000 residents)||2.27||24.20|
Table 2: Top 20 Most Dangerous Cities In Utah
|Rank||City||Total Crime Rate Per 100,000 Inhabitants|
|1||Salt Lake City Previous rank: 1||9,471|
|2||South Salt Lake Previous rank: 2||8,660|
|3||Murray Previous rank: 3||7,631|
|4||Riverdale Previous rank: 4||7,173|