Phoenix is the fifth largest city in the U.S. Tempe has better neighborhoods than Phoenix does. Some parts of Phoenix are rough and scary. Tempe has a younger vibe because of the ASU community. Buildings look nicer in Tempe.
On-Campus Crime Stats: 1,213 Incidents Reported Arizona State University - Tempe reported 1,213 safety-related incidents involving students while on campus in 2019. Of the 3,990 colleges and universities that reported crime and safety data, 3,971 of them reported fewer incidents than this.
According to the site, the income needed in Phoenix is $48,876. The article considers 50 percent for necessities, 30 percent for discretionary spending and 20 percent for savings. In Tucson, the income required is $39,966 and is the lowest number of the 50 cities. For Mesa, the needed income is listed as $42,654.Apr 24, 2016
Here are some of the best neighborhoods you'll find in Tempe, AZ:
- Alta Mira. Median home value: $340K+ Median rent: no data.
- Dava-Lakeshore. Median home value: $267K. Median rent: $1,100+
- Cyprus-Southwest. Median home value: $320K.
- Camelot Village. Median home value: $324K+
- Sandahl Homes. Median home value: $375K+
21 Best Things to Do in Tempe, Arizona
- Arizona State University Art Museum.
- Hayden Butte Preserve, Tempe, Arizona.
- Tempe Center for the Arts.
- Tempe History Museum, Tempe, Arizona.
- Tempe Beach Park, Tempe, AZ.
- ASU Gammage Auditorium, Tempe, AZ.
- Tempe Marketplace, Tempe, Arizona.
- Riverbound Sports, Tempe, AZ.
The town was named Tempe in 1879. "Lord" Darrell Duppa, an Englishman who helped establish Phoenix, is credited with suggesting the name. The sight of the butte, the wide river, and the nearby expanse of green fields reminded him of the Vale of Tempe in ancient Greece.
Fun Things To Do in Downtown Tempe
- Go for a hike: At the north end of Downtown Tempe lies “A” Mountain.
- See a movie: AMC Centerpoint 11 is located in the heart of Downtown Tempe and offers luxury movie-going.
- Take a bike ride: Grab a bike and head downtown for a fun bike ride.
Living in Tempe offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents rent their homes. In Tempe there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many young professionals live in Tempe and residents tend to have moderate political views. The public schools in Tempe are above average.Jun 5, 2020
Here Are The 10 Most Dangerous Towns In Arizona To Live In
- Show Low (pop. 10,732)
- Page (pop. 7,330)
- Tucson (pop. 525,486)
- Willcox (pop. 3,678)
- Globe (pop. 7,414)
- Holbrook (pop. 4,988) thelostadventure/Flickr.
- Tolleson (pop. 6,754) Angelica Phoenix/Wikimedia Commons.
- South Tucson (pop. 5,694) Jay Davis/Flickr.