Baltimore Oriole, with black and gold coloring. Striped bass, also known as rockfish.
You May Be Surprised To Learn These 20 Famous People Are From Maryland
- Edward Norton. Wikimedia Commons.
- William H. Macy.
- Montel Williams. Wikimedia Commons.
- Mike Rowe. Wikimedia Commons.
- Jada Pinkett Smith. Wikimedia Commons.
- Kathie Lee Gifford. Wikimedia Commons.
- Toni Braxton. Wikimedia Commons.
- Julie Bowen.
The most dangerous areas in Baltimore is based on data from the local law enforcement agency and when not available, also includes estimates based on demographic data.
- Hopkins-Middle East. Population 7,746.
- West Baltimore.
- Cherry Hill.
- Berea Area.
- Fairfield Area.
- Greenmount East.
- Brooklyn-Curtis Bay.
Baltimore's Inner Harbor is one of the city's top tourist destinations, but Baltimoreans love it, too! Besides tons of cool restaurants and shops at Harborplace, sightseeing cruises and tours of historic ships like the USS Constellation, the Inner Harbor is a great place to go running or take a relaxing evening stroll.
Most known for all things crab and Old Bay, Maryland is home to some of the most mouthwatering foods you can find in the United States.
- Steamed Crabs. oldbay_seasoning.
- Crab Cakes. buckandrider.
- Utz Crab Chips. thepeacheschrist.
- Old Bay. lateonpurpose.
- Thrashers French Fries. rochelles_pics.
- Natty Boh.
- Pit Beef.
- Berger Cookies.
These 11 Iconic Foods In Baltimore Will Have Your Mouth Watering
- Steamed Blue Crabs. Flickr / Mike Licht.
- Crab Cakes. Flickr / jpellgen (@1179_jp)
- Bergers Cookies. Flickr / Like_the_Grand_Canyon.
- Oysters. Flickr / Jenn Larsen.
- Old Bay. Flickr / Mike Mozart.
- Sno-Balls. Flickr / Jenni Konrad.
- Natty Boh. Flickr / ehpien.
- Ledo's PIzza.
Portland Oregon's Black population in Portland is 2% and just 6% in the state overall (U.S. Census Bureau, 2018). Dubbed “The Whitest City in America” (Badger, 2015) with a 77% White population, Portland is ranked among America's fastest gentrifying cities with 58.1% of eligible tracts gentrified since 2000 (Governing, 2015).Mar 27, 2021
By 2019 census estimates
|% African- American||Rank||State or territory|
|76.0%||1||Virgin Islands (U.S.)|
|47.2%||2||District of Columbia|
Detroit Cities with the highest percentage of African American people
|Rank||City||Total African Americans|
|5||Miami Gardens, FL||81,776|
On-Campus Crime Stats: 388 Incidents Reported Johns Hopkins University reported 388 safety-related incidents involving students while on campus in 2019. Of the 3,990 colleges and universities that reported crime and safety data, 3,813 of them reported fewer incidents than this.
Recommended Salary in Baltimore To live comfortably in a one-bedroom apartment in Baltimore, you should shoot for an income of at least $64,548 a year or $31.03 an hour. For a two-bedroom apartment, you'll need to earn at least $60,804 a year or $29.23 an hour.Aug 2, 2021
Baltimore is generally safe for tourists, though some neighborhoods are best avoided. A crime that does occur is mainly between members of street gangs or individuals who know each other, and in areas that are of no interest to visitors. Avoid sketchy neighborhoods and take normal precaution measures.