Area code 352 Gainesville/Area codes
The air travel (bird fly) shortest distance between Gainesville and Orlando is 154 km= 96 miles. Gainesville Distances to Cities.
|Distance from Gainesville Fl to Orlando||154 km|
|Distance from Gainesville Fl to Tampa||189 km|
Flagler Beach Flagler Beach is the nearest beach spot from Gainesville, just a little more than a one and a half hour drive. This sun-kissed coastline is one of the best beaches near Gainesville, FL, offering you the perfect combination of sun, sand, and sea.Mar 15, 2021
With a population over 131,000, Gainesville is known for world-class education, health care, culture, and is a noted destination for outdoor recreation. With an ever-growing urban center surrounded by quintessentially Southern small towns, you will find so much to explore, discover and learn in Alachua County.
With a 2020 population of 134,661, it is the 14th largest city in Florida and the 204th largest city in the United States . Gainesville is currently growing at a rate of 0.25% annually and its population has increased by 8.29% since the most recent census, which recorded a population of 124,354 in 2010.
Jacksonville cost of living is 93.5
|COST OF LIVING||Jacksonville||Florida|
Gainesville cost of living is 89.9
|COST OF LIVING||Gainesville||Florida|
|Median Home Cost||$183,000||$237,100|
You'll Love These 11 Things to Do in Downtown Gainesville, FL
- Cade Museum. The Cade Museum is a great way to start your day in Gainesville.
- Depot Park.
- Matheson History Museum.
- Union Street Station.
- Third House Books & Coffee.
- Boca Fiesta.
- Manuel's Vintage Room.
- The Arcade Bar.
7 Things to do in Gainesville FL at Night
- Space Ultra Lounge. If you are looking for fun things to do in Gainesville at night, look no further than the Space Ultra Lounge.
- Arcade Bar.
- Florida Fun Bikes.
- First Magnitude Brewing Company.
- Kava Bar and Hookah Lounge.
- Rockeys Dueling Piano Bar.
Don't Break the Bank and Enjoy These 5 Free Things to Do in Gainesville, FL
- Hike the Trail at Alfred A. Ring Park.
- Have a Picnic at Depot Park.
- Tour the Florida Museum of Natural History.
- Visit the Matheson Museum.
- Go Bird and Alligator Watching at the Sweetwater Wetlands Park.
Gainesville's housing expenses are 9% lower than the national average and the utility prices are 19% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 4% higher than the national average. Gainesville has grocery prices that are 4% higher than the national average.