The District of Columbia WASHINGTON, D.C. Washington DC is not one of the 50 states. But it’s an important part of the U.S. The District of Columbia is our nation’s capital. Congress established the federal district from land belonging to the states of Maryland and Virginia in 1790.
Famous People From Washington
- 1 Bill Gates. . 42827. Listed In: Engineers.
- 2 Kurt Cobain. . 887. Listed In: Singers.
- 3 Jimi Hendrix. . 868. Listed In: Singers.
- 4 Samuel L. Jackson. . 404.
- 5 Bill Nye. . 444. Listed In: Media Personalities.
- 6 Bing Crosby. . 174.
- 7 Dove Cameron. . 6812.
- 8 Jeffrey Dean Morgan. . 257.
What to Eat in Washington State
- Salmon. Pacific salmon come in six varieties: chinook (a.k.a. king), coho, sockeye, chum, pink, and steelhead.
- Dungeness Crab. This crab gets its name from the city of Dungeness on the Olympic Peninsula.
- Rainier Cherries.
- Spearmint Oil.
- Adam Craig, Musician. Adam West, Actor. Ann Wilson, Singer. Anna Farris, Actress.
- Dove Cameron, Actress. Duff McKagan, Musician. Dyan Cannon, Actress. Earl Anthony, Champion Bowler.
- John Ratzenberger, Actor Josie Bissett, Actress. Judy Collins, Singer. Julie Michaels, Actress/Producer.
- The state of Washington is the only state to be named after a United States president.
- Seattle is home to the first revolving restaurant, 1961.
- Washington state produces more apples than any other state in the union.
- Washington state has more glaciers than the other 47 contiguous states combined.
the Emerald City Seattle is the hub for the Greater Puget Sound region. Its official nickname is the Emerald City, the result of a contest by a civic-minded association in the early 1980s to designate a pleasant nickname for the city; the name alludes to the lush evergreen trees in the surrounding area.
Washington, D.C., formally the District of Columbia is also known as D.C. or Washington. It is the capital city of the United States of America, but did you know it is not owned by America? The district is not a part of any U.S. state. In 1846, Congress returned the land originally ceded by Virginia.Jan 24, 2021
According to federal guidelines, salary workers must earn at least $23,660 dollars ($11.35 per hour) to be considered salaried and exempt from overtime pay. In Washington, that threshold is set at $35,568 ($17.00 per hour) as of January 1st, 2020.Feb 16, 2021
Recommended Salary in Seattle The recommended household income for a two-bedroom apartment is $132,264 per year. The “living wage,” or the minimum amount of money needed to live above the poverty threshold, in Seattle is $18.56 per hour for a full-time employed individual.Jul 26, 2021
8th Most-Depressed State: Washington Frequent visitors to the state of Washington know that July, August and September tend to provide sunny, beautiful and temperate conditions, but for much of the rest of the year, weather can easily put a damper on one's mood.Jan 31, 2010