42 per one thousand residents With a crime rate of 42 per one thousand residents, Modesto has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 24.
Stockton has a foul reputation as a bad place to live mostly because of its high degree of crime. The crime rate in Stockton is 71% higher than the California average and 84% higher than the national crime rate. You will find an average of 1500 violent crimes per 100,000 residents in Stockton.
$12.00 Living Wage Calculation for Stanislaus County, California
|1 ADULT||2 ADULTS (1 WORKING)|
|0 Children||1 Child|
Best scenic view in Modesto, CA
- Dry Creek Regional Park. 1.5 mi.
- Natural Bridges Hiking Trail. 39.3 mi.
- Sierra Road. 47.6 mi.
- San Joaquin Wildlife Refuge Nature Trail. 12.5 mi.
- Knights Ferry Covered Bridge. 21.1 mi.
- Brushy Peak Regional Preserve. 39.8 mi.
- Turlock Lake State Recreation Area. 21.6 mi.
- Lodi Lake Nature Trail. 37.8 mi.
Modesto has a high crime rate and is not considered safe enough. The main problems here are related to the theft of things, robberies, attacks, car thefts. If you are traveling by car, always close it when you leave, do not leave any things inside, and park in guarded parking lots.Dec 9, 2019
- Turlock. Suburb of Modesto, CA. Rating 3.74 out of 5 192 reviews.
- Ripon. Suburb of Modesto, CA. Rating 3.91 out of 5 74 reviews.
- Oakdale. Suburb of Modesto, CA.
- Del Rio. Suburb of Modesto, CA.
- Riverbank. Suburb of Modesto, CA.
- Salida. Suburb of Modesto, CA.
- East Oakdale. Suburb of Modesto, CA.
- Modesto. City in California.
Modesto's housing expenses are 12% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 24% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 15% higher than the national average. Modesto has grocery prices that are 4% higher than the national average.
With a population of approximately 201,165 and the 18th largest city in the state of California, Modesto has an extremely high crime rate. In fact, it is 102% higher than the national average and only safer than 3% of the cities in the United States. Your chances of becoming a victim in Modesto? About 1 in 18.