6,907 crimes per 100,000 people The Salt Lake City crime rate is: 6,907 crimes per 100,000 people. That’s more than double the national and Utah average. You have a 1 in 14 chance of being the victim of crime in Salt Lake City.Jan 10, 2021
In short, yes you can absolutely survive without a car---if you pick your neighborhood wisely. Salt Lake City proper has good mass transit (buses and a couple of light rail lines) but the suburbs extend much, much further out and the quality of the bus system gets a little sketchy out in the suburbs.Jul 20, 2009
Salt Lake City itself has a pretty good transportation network so you'll be fine there. You can even take a bus up to Park City where there's another free public transportation network. The nearest national park is about four hours away. And there's no realistic way to explore the parks without a car.
How to Spend a Weekend in Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Salt Lake City Public Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Conference Center, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Natural History Museum of Utah.
- Capitol Theater, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Ensign Peak Nature Park, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Best time of year to visit Utah Moderate crowds and temperatures in April–May and September–October make these months the best time to visit Utah and its national parks. Spring boasts active wildlife and blooming flowers. Pleasant fall wraps Utah in colorful foliage along the scenic drives.
What causes that smell? Most hyper-saline environments favor bacterial sulfate reduction and one of the byproducts is hydrogen sulfide—the culprit that smells like rotten eggs. In addition to hyper-salinity, GSL sports a relatively low water depth and low oxygen levels.
ANTELOPE ISLAND — A 53-year-old Massachusetts man drowned Saturday afternoon while kayaking in the Great Salt Lake, near Antelope Island State Park, despite clear weather and calm waters. The people then notified park officials at a nearby kayak rental concession. Jul 14, 2013
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in North Salt Lake is 1 in 57. Based on FBI crime data, North Salt Lake is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Utah, North Salt Lake has a crime rate that is higher than 69% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.
Apart from the petty crimes, the city is considered safe and a booming haven for night lovers with growing nightspots and establishments. Have never been too concerned about walking about in SLC. It would probably be best to avoid the area near Pioneer Park and the Rio Grand.
Table 2: Top 20 Most Dangerous Cities In Utah
|Rank||City||Total Crime Rate Per 100,000 Inhabitants|
|1||Salt Lake City Previous rank: 1||9,471|
|2||South Salt Lake Previous rank: 2||8,660|
|3||Murray Previous rank: 3||7,631|
|4||Riverdale Previous rank: 4||7,173|
Places to visit about 2 hours from Salt Lake City
- 98 miles north of Salt Lake City: Bear Lake. Malad City. Dude Ranch Cafe.
- 101 miles north of Salt Lake City: Redpoint Campground. Harrys Hollow Rd. Paris Springs Campground.
- 105 miles north of Salt Lake City: Bear Lake National Wildlife Refuge. North Beach State Park.
What to eat & drink in Utah? 10 Most Popular Utahn foods & beverages
- Cheese. Aggiano. Utah.
- Cocktail. Farnell. Park City.
- Cheese. Barely Buzzed. Utah.
- Non-alcoholic Beverage. Apple Beer. Salt Lake City.
- Burger. Pastrami Burger. Salt Lake City.
- Chicken Dish. Amish Chicken. Utah.
- Sauce. Fry Sauce. Salt Lake City.
- Salad. Frog Eye Salad. Utah.
Salt Lake City's housing expenses are 8% lower than the national average and the utility prices are 22% lower than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 7% higher than the national average. Salt Lake City has grocery prices that are 2% lower than the national average.