According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Corpus Christi was: White: 89.59% Black or African American: 4.08% Asian: 2.28%
UPDATE: Levels of fecal bacteria in Corpus Christi beaches are now considered safe. Although the high risk advisory recommends avoiding contact with the water as well as posting signs, no warning signs regarding fecal bacteria in the water have been placed on Corpus Christi beaches.Mar 8, 2018
These days, this attractive city is as likely to be called the Texas Riviera, and for good reason: numerous fine hotels and resorts, along with many exciting attractions and things to do, have helped cement Corpus Christi's reputation as a must-visit destination.Nov 17, 2020
The Port of Corpus Christi is the fifth-largest in the United States. The region is served by the Corpus Christi International Airport. The city's name means body of Christ in Ecclesiastical Latin, in reference to the Christian sacrament of Holy Communion.
|Corpus Christi, Texas|
Living in Corpus Christi: 40 Moving Tips and Things to Know
- It's a small but charming city.
- Be prepared to deal with tourists.
- Corpus is a military town.
- Port Corpus Christi is busy.
- The wind may surprise you.
- Expect lots of sun, heat and humidity.
- There's enough beach for everyone.
- The windsurfing and kayaking are killer.