San Jose is the biggest city with a Class A baseball team. And despite the city’s close proximity to big league teams in San Francisco and Oakland, San Jose loves its little baseball team, bandbox ballpark and legendary Turkey Mike’s barbecue.
San Jose is one of the most expensive housing markets in the nation and is one of eight cities with the most expensive rent across all bedroom types — studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. However, the average rent in San Jose is $2,846 for a one-bedroom apartment.Jan 8, 2021
The city was in agriculture for over 150 years, and grew food for the military in San Francisco and Monterey. Prunes, grapes, apricots, pears, and peaches were among the fruits grown in San Jose, and the city also was the site of the first commercial broccoli fields.Jun 15, 2017
San José is a proper noun and the accent mark should be used when referring to both the City organization and the community. Use of the accent mark should be avoided with all-caps or small-caps treatments. For instance, City of San José includes the accent mark, but CITY OF SAN JOSE does not.
Santa Cruz, or Surf City as some call it, is lined with miles of sandy shoreline just 30 miles south of San Jose. Surf shops and schools offering lessons for beginners can be found along the beaches of Santa Cruz. The biggest attraction in the area is the boardwalk, the oldest oceanside amusement park in California.Jan 18, 2018
One Day San Jose Itinerary At-a-Glance
- 9:00AM: The Breakfast Club at Midtown.
- 10:00AM: Municipal Rose Garden.
- 11:00AM: Winchester Mystery House.
- 12:30PM: Stroll Down Santana Row.
- 2:00PM: Choose Your Adventure: Craft Brew Trail or Wine Tasting in the Mountains.
- 6:00PM: Dinner at San Pedro Square Market.
|Persons 65 years and over, percent|| 12.5%|
|Female persons, percent|| 49.5%|
|Race and Hispanic Origin|
|White alone, percent|| 39.9%|
11 Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft.
- Go to the beach at night.
- Buy drugs.
- Swim in front of a surf break.
- Take a dip in the river.
- Think you can get a base tan.
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.