1. Amarillo. The most populous city in the Texas panhandle, Amarillo is the number one cheapest city to live in Texas. Everything in this city is well below the national average, making it a great spot to choose if you’re looking to save more money for vacations, retirement, or those occasional rainy days.Apr 6, 2021
1. Amarillo. The most populous city in the Texas panhandle, Amarillo is the number one cheapest city to live in Texas. Everything in this city is well below the national average, making it a great spot to choose if you're looking to save more money for vacations, retirement, or those occasional rainy days.Apr 6, 2021
Here Are The 10 Most Dangerous Towns In Texas To Live In
- Weslaco. Isaac Monter/Wikipedia.
- Texarkana. Billy Hathorn/Wikipedia.
- Lufkin. Billy Hathorn/Wikipedia.
- Edinburg. Wikipedia/Danny20111993.
- San Antonio. The Jacobin/Wikipedia.
- Lubbock. Redraiderengineer/Wikipedia.
- Houston. Henry Han/Wikipedia.
about 50 miles It is only about 50 miles from Amarillo to the New Mexico border, with the Old 66 Road passing through the small towns of Vega and Adrian. The highway is flat and straight as it leaves Amarillo, but soon crosses suddenly into desert-like hill country.
Amarillo leads the state and nation in the ranking of windiest cities. Here, average wind speeds are 13.6 MPH throughout the year. As with other windy cities in Texas, the windiest month of the year, on average, is April. The highest winds ever recorded in Amarillo were clocked at 84 MPH on May 15, 1949.Jan 8, 2020
It is the 14th-most populous city in Texas and the largest city in the Texas Panhandle. A portion of the city extends into Randall County. The estimated population of Amarillo was 199,371 as of 2019. The attractions Cadillac Ranch and Big Texan Steak Ranch are located adjacent to Interstate 40.
Best things to do at night in Amarillo, TX
- Cinergy Amarillo Featuring EPIC. 9.0 mi. Cinema, Arcades, Bowling.
- The 806 Coffee + Lounge. 4.0 mi.
- Amarillo Botanical Gardens. 6.6 mi.
- Cadillac Ranch. 10.7 mi.
- Texas Musical Drama. 17.2 mi.
- Flying Fitness And Aerial Arts Studio. 6.2 mi.
- Bar Z Winery. 13.7 mi.
- Sleep Inn Airport. 1.0 mi.
|Population, Census, April 1, 2020||200,393|
|Population, Census, April 1, 2010||190,695|
|Age and Sex|
|Persons under 5 years, percent|| 7.7%|
- The Sales Tax Rate for Amarillo is 7.8%. The US average is 7.3%. Income and Salaries for Amarillo.
|ECONOMY||Amarillo, Texas||United States|
|Mining, quarrying, oil and gas extraction||0.8%||0.6%|
Amarillo is in Potter County and is one of the best places to live in Texas. Living in Amarillo offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. Many families and young professionals live in Amarillo and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Amarillo are above average.
Amarillo, TX Crime History