History. Don Gaspár de Portolá, a Spanish expedition party leader, discovered a picturesque valley and river in Southern California, which he christened Santa Ana, in honor of Saint Anne, on July 26, 1769.
9.25% Santa Ana, California sales tax rate details The minimum combined 2021 sales tax rate for Santa Ana, California is 9.25%. This is the total of state, county and city sales tax rates. The California sales tax rate is currently 6%. The County sales tax rate is 0.25%.
Cost of Living in Santa Ana, California
|COST OF LIVING||Santa Ana||California|
|Median Home Cost||$557,300||$552,800|
When the name Orange County was first proposed, there weren't very many oranges. Most locals were growing grapes and raising hogs, but in an effort to better promote the area, the county looked to oranges. The name became official in 1889. Migrants poured in, and many planted small citrus groves.May 13, 2015
Famous People Born In Santa Ana
- 1 Michael B. Jordan. . 697.
- 2 Michelle Pfeiffer. . 384. Listed In: Film & Theater Personalities.
- 3 Jason Lee. . 41. Listed In: Film & Theater Personalities.
- 4 Lindsey Stirling. . 460.
- 5 Gilbert Melendez. . 00.
- 6 Drake Bell. . 921.
- 7 Lenny Dykstra. 00. Listed In: Sportspersons.
- 8 Dinah Jane Hansen. . 32.
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Santa Ana, CA
- Fairhaven. Population 3,149. 695 %
- Laurelhurst. Population 1,810. 361 %
- Park Santiago. Population 4,223. 295 %
- Meredith Parkwood. Population 2,453. 240 %
- New Horizons. Population 5,691. 193 %
- Bristol-Warner. Population 2,905.
- Centennial Park. Population 3,391.
- Riverview. Population 3,744.
Another best-selling author, Dean Koontz, also lives in Newport. So does Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant, who lives in the posh Newport Coast area. Other celebrities live here as well, including Jim Abbott, the former ace pitcher for the California Angels (and New York Yankees) who was born with only one hand.
Santa Ana is a city located in Orange County California. It is also the county seat of Orange County. With a 2020 population of 333,130, it is the 12th largest city in California and the 59th largest city in the United States . The average household income in Santa Ana is $83,475 with a poverty rate of 15.66%.
A single person estimated monthly costs are 1,016$ without rent. Santa Ana is 22.58% less expensive than New York (without rent). Cost of Living in Santa Ana.
|Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre||3,100.00$|
|Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Centre||2,750.00$|
|Buy Apartment Price||Edit|
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Santa Ana is 1 in 40. Based on FBI crime data, Santa Ana is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to California, Santa Ana has a crime rate that is higher than 69% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.
|Hispanic or Latino, percent(b)|| 76.8%|
|White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent|| 9.4%|